What you need to know before you sell your Milpitas, CA. Home in plain english.Hi there, if you own a home chances are you might have wondering from time to time what your home might be worth, or maybe you saw your neighbors home for sale or you have seen some news about the current Real Estate Market. So now here you are wanting to know more about selling your home, well good for you at least you're taking the initiative to do some research. I will explain the following 7 most common questions a typical Milpitas, CA. Home Seller might have in plain english
- Can I sell my Milpitas, CA. home myself?
- How can I price my home right and get top dollar?
- Where can I find buyers?
- How do I show the home?
- What's the typical home showing process?
- Do I need to write up a contract?
- The closing process
Can I sell my Milpitas, CA. home myself?
Yes, you can. It is totally legit to want to sell your own home yourself and on a scale from 1-10 with 10 being the most difficult, most sellers that have tried to sell their own home find that selling their home would rate in the 8 to 10 difficulty.Why? Well, generally what makes it difficult is that if you have never sold a home you don't really know the legalities and you don't know how to screen the buyers or know that you're actually getting the best price for your home. Of course we live in the age of modern technology and there are many apps that might help us with massive resources to do most of the research, but the bottom line is that I can go to a website like Web MD and learn all about many symptoms and how to cure them on my own, but I wouldn't want to perform my own surgery. With that being said, if you are one of those who likes to do things on their own, then this might be right up your alley. But keep this in mind, a typical "For Sale By Owner" end's up selling the home for approx 3-8% below Fair Market Value according to 2013 For Sale By Owner statistics. So to recap, you can sell your home on your own and have a sense of accomplishment, but at the end you might just end up saving a couple thousand dollars while putting a lot of time and effort into selling your Milpitas, CA. Home. Wondering what your home is currently worth?
How Can I price my Home Right and Get Top Dollar?There might be 3 explanations for this question, In plain english, you have to evaluate, appraise, know the local real estate market trends.
Milpitas, CA. Home.Second is estimating or knowing the current home value of the home, the best way to do that is to get an appraisal done on the home you are considering selling, the average fee for a home appraisal varies depending on the size of the home, in Milpitas, CA. the average home is about 1,200 sq. ft. and the current average fee for that size home is $450-600 depending on the appraisal company conducting the appraisal.
Once you have evaluated these 3 factors you can be more confident as to how much your home is actually worth and make the decision to price it right and once you price the home right it will in turn allow you to - Attract buyers.
- Allow you to earn the most money possible. - Help you sell as quickly as possible.
One quick word of advise, beware of the bargain hunters that typically will try to only look at "For Sale By Owner" homes due to the fact that they already have the notion that a "For Sale By Owner" is typically trying to save money by not using a local real estate agent.Wondering what your home is currently worth?
Where Can I find Buyers?There are several ways to attract buyers and create quality traffic. You have many options to choose from nowadays, You have the old ways - Sunday morning newspaper advertising, radio, TV, billboards, etc. but now you also have internet, social media, and many "For Sale by Owner" websites, but for most, recent individual home sellers statistics show that most home sellers just feel comfortable with the following;
- Paying for classified ads in the local newspapers. - Holding open houses. - Working to ensure the home gets good word-of-mouth exposure among friends, neighbors and community organizations.- Using Zillow
Again one of the most critical parts about selling your home is finding the right buyer that's ready, willing and able to buy the home at the price you want. This takes screening and knowing what to look for in a qualified buyer. You might be able to find them, but qualifying them is a different task on it's own.remember that as the seller, you are obligated by law to disclose any material defects in your property to the purchaser.
The Closing ProcessThis is where the money exchanges and legal action takes precedence, to find out more please visit the following link; http://www.SellMilpitas.com
Still considering selling your home one your own?
- FSBOs accounted for 9% of home sales in 2013. The typical FSBO home sold for $184,000 compared to $230,000 for agent-assisted home sales.
- FSBO methods used to market home:
- Yard sign: 36%
- Friends, relatives, or neighbors: 28%
- Online classified advertisements: 16%
- Open house: 14%
- For-sale-by-owner websites: 13%
- Social networking websites (e.g. Facebook, Twitter, etc.): 7%
- Multiple Listing Service (MLS) website: 7%
- Print newspaper advertisement: 7%
- Direct mail (flyers, postcards, etc.): 1%
- Video: 1%
- Other: 2%
- None: Did not actively market home: 32%
- Understanding and performing paperwork: 18%
- Getting the right price: 13%
- Preparing/fixing up home for sale: 12%
- Helping buyer obtain financing: 3%
- Attracting potential buyers: 3%
- Selling within the planned length of time: 7%
- Having enough time to devote to all aspects of the sale: 6%